how to pack for your self storage unit
The following tips will help you maximise the space in your Ezi Storage self storage unit.
- It’s a great idea to plan your storage space before you start.
- Allow for walkways BEFORE you start creating those box mountains.
- Place larger, heavier goods at the back then work forwards and upwards with the lighter and more fragile items.
- Always keep the items you’re going to need frequently in an easily accessible place near the front.
- Play it even stevens when stacking cartons by trying to stack them in an even and balanced manner.
- Pack in professional storage cartons and boxes to make storing and unpacking easier and safer. This will also help to maintain the condition of your goods.
- Labeling your boxes with content details tells thieves exactly what to steal. A better alternative is to make a list of the items and number the boxes accordingly. You can file a copy with Ezi Storage.
- For furniture items that are difficult to disassemble store them upside down to maximize space.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects near upholstered furniture.