Self storage moving checklist
- Inform the power company that you’re moving in advance. Don’t spend your first night in your new home without power.
- Have your mail forwarded to your new address at the Post Office. The same goes for the gas.
- House Keys – arrange for collection of keys for your new home, have spares cut if needed and return old keys.
- As the internet is such huge part of our lives it helps to make sure you have arranged your new phone and internet connection in advance.
- Sleep easy in your new place by arranging a cover note on your new premises or transferring your insurance to your new address.
- Make sure your vehicle license and registration are up to date by notifying the Department of Transport of your new address.
- Do you have your milk delivered? What about the newspapers? If so, let them know you’re moving.
- Some services you’ll need to notify of your change of address include: – Water – Council – Electoral – Insurances – Banks – Health Fund – Doctor – Dentist – Club Memberships.
- Throw a ‘thank you’ BBQ for all your mates that helped you move.